Libraries Serving Native Communities: Collaborations and Support with Dr. Loriene Roy
Let’s spend a half-day discussing and considering how libraries serve members of tribal communities. We’ll consider indigenous ways of knowing and move into discussing how to make connections with our Native library users and potential users. We’ll consider examples of services and consider how to maintain connections. We’ll reflect on our motives for providing services. And we’ll close with ideas of resources for continuing to learn about tribal communities.
- When: Thursday, June 8th, 2017
Lunch: 12 noon – 1 pm
Workshop: 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Where: University of Minnesota Duluth Kathryn A. Martin Library, 4th Floor Rotunda
- June 8th Workshop only (lunch included): $35
- June 8th Workshop only (no lunch): $25
- June 8th Workshop (workshop lunch included) AND June 9th Conference: $85
- June 8th Workshop (workshop lunch not included) AND June 9th Conference: $75
- Registration: Now Open!